Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Cute DIY Skirt

Last week, I decided to get extra crafty and make myself a skirt.  I'm not a huge fan of using patterns, so instead I started researching for ones others had made for inspiration.  I found this great example on Pinterest, and decided to give it a try!  http://vievesscrapbooking.blogspot.com/2010/08/party-skirt-tutorial.html

Here's my version!  The best thing about it is that it was very inexpensive!  I was able to finish it with only one yard of fabric, purchased for $6.49 on sale!  With that being said, the only scrap I had left over after was a little sliver no larger than an inch wide, so I might suggest buying a little more.  Because I ran out of fabric, I had to make my bow a little smaller.  I also used metal clasps on the side instead of a zipper, mostly because I didn't feel like putting in a zipper.  Let me know what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment