Monday, July 9, 2012

Reupholstered Wingback Recliner

This thrifted wingback recliner was a steal!  Although hard on the eyes, it was very comfortable!  Definitely worth the reupholstery, considering the chair costed $15, and the upholstery fabric was purchased with a 50% off coupon for only $32!  Great deal for a comfortable chair!  Here's the ugly early 90's era pink chair BEFORE:

And here is the AFTER!  Let me preface, the chair that I did before was MUCH easier!!  This one was much harder, and it was due to the fact that it is a very high quality and well put together chair.  In order to reupholster, you have to take all of the original covering off, which in this case was VERY difficult because it was so well put together.  Also, the recliner mechanisms add another layer of difficulty to get around.  I'm not as happy with the quality of the results as I was with my previous chair, but I think the color and the new life look GREAT!  It was HARD work this time!  I don't see myself recovering another chair for awhile....





In the end, the before and after pics next to each other show me that it was worth the $47 dollars to purchase and hours of labor to re-do this chair and to have a custom piece for our new office!  What do you think?

1 comment: