Monday, February 13, 2012

Reupholstered Wingback Chair

One of the many sticker-shocks I have experienced upon beginning our new life together is the price of furniture!  Finding the perfect piece to fit in with what you already have and what your future plans on is hard enough, and add on the overwhelming price of that perfect piece, and a wave of sheer disappointment lurches over the happy moment.  So I have made it my mission to find out how to make furniture, and re-vamp old furniture that's past its prime.  Here's my first shot at it:





So, what do you think?   I think it turned out pretty good for my first try!  I still have to paint the legs, but it was SUPER cold the day I did this project, so I'm waiting for a nicer day.  

It turns out reupholstering furniture is not that hard.  It takes a lot of patience, creates sore hands and fingers, and was a serious pain at times, but it didn't take too long, and I think it gets a lot of bang for the buck of a few yards of fabric.

BOTTOM LINE: I definitely see reupholstering being a new part of my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment